Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GAY HATE JOURNALIST UNREPENTANT

Qalakaliboli Dlamini, the Swaziland journalist dropped by his newspaper after he attacked homosexuals in his column, has told his editors he is glad he did it and would do it again.


And, he says he is ready to launch a public campaign against homosexuals.

Qalakaliboli, until last week a regular columnist in the Times Sunday, told them, ‘I want to put it on record that I did write the article and I did state it without fear that I hate homosexuality with every fiber of hair on my body. Given the opportunity I would gladly do it again and I am not at all apologetic for my choice of words.’

He made his comments in an email sent to Times Sunday editor Innocent Maphalala and Times of Swaziland group managing editor Mbongeni Mbingo.

Qalakaliboli was ‘indefinitely’ suspended from the Times Sunday following what Maphalala called an ‘unprecedented’ number of complaints from readers. The Times of Swaziland readers’ ombudsman has been asked to investigate a complaint that Qalakaliboli broke the National Association of Journalists code of ethical conduct on hate speech.

In his email, which Qalakaliboli copied to a number of people and organisations, including Swazi Media Commentary, he wrote he would ‘stand up against the spread of homosexuality in my country, and which I will do even after I have stopped writing for the Times of Swaziland.

He added, ‘I will continue to stand up against homosexuals and if need be, I will run a public anti-homosexual campaign.’

See also
‘TIMES’ GAY HATE – CALL TO UMBUDSMAN
NEW ATTACK ON ‘TIMES’ HATE SPEECH

No comments: